Author Topic: Incomplete Installation of Version 2.11 (fixed)  (Read 4424 times)

Offline prevmedone

• New User
    • View Profile
Incomplete Installation of Version 2.11 (fixed)
« on: February 22, 2009, 09:28:14 PM »
I have attempted to install the program twice now and each time I get the same results:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `smp_members` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `firstname` varchar(255), `lastname` varchar(255), `referred_by` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'admin', `email` varchar(255), `username` varchar(255), `password` varchar(32), `paypal_email` varchar(255), `postal` varchar(255), `city` varchar(255), `state` varchar(255), `zip` varchar(255), `country` varchar(255), `phone` varchar(255), `ssn` varchar(255), `ip` varchar(255) , `date_joined` date NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00' , `status` NOT NULL int(11), `show_oto` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1', `bought_oto` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `last_login` int(11), `mailing` int(11), `jv_status` char(4) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `randomstring` varchar(100), `activate` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1', `comments` LONGTEXT NOT NULL default '', `total_points` int(11) NOT NULL, `photo` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `sell_dd` int(11) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`id`) ) 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'NOT NULL int(11), `show_oto` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1', `bought_oto` in' at line 19

The installation is completed, but basically when I access the system, everything is incomplete.

Please assist.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 10:08:05 AM by Johnny Slater »

Offline Johnny Slater

• SMP/SGP Designer
  • Pro User
    • View Profile
    • Viral Membership Script
Re: Incomplete Installation of Version 2.11
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 06:40:06 AM »
It sounds like you have a server that is very very strict on the format of the database code. If you will PM me the details to log into your hosting control panel I'll install the script for you and figure out what in the database code needs to be changed.

The only way I will be able to fix the issue is by accessing your server. The error you encountered does not show up on most servers and it is something that I would have to verify live in order to fix.

Offline robbiek

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Incomplete Installation of Version 2.11 (fixed)
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 02:27:41 PM »
Using 2.13 final and I get the same error on my host - tried several times to install. Grateful if you could advise.Thanjs.

kiosk2

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 07:03:50 AM »
For the record, I always get this error on my hosting as the database user names and passwords contain hyphens (-). The installer restricts the charectors that can be used and "-" is not one of them!

There is an easy fix if this applies to your install.

On the install1.php file, on lines 19,20 and 21 where it says:
Code: [Select]
preg_replace('/[^a-zA-Z0-9_]after the underscore on the right, add a hypen so it will look like this:
Code: [Select]
preg_replace('/[^a-zA-Z0-9_-]
David

Offline Johnny Slater

• SMP/SGP Designer
  • Pro User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 01:05:20 PM »
I'm glad you posted that David. I just went in and changed that on something I'm working on now.

Btw.. one common install problem is users putting the incorrect domain url or not including the ending slash. If you are interested I can email you an updated index1.php file that will use curl to pull the the correct domain url and preload it the same way it does with the sever path. This will possibly eliminate some support issues.

kiosk2

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 01:49:47 PM »
That would be great Johnny - please email it to my Gmail address.

Offline Johnny Slater

• SMP/SGP Designer
  • Pro User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 02:05:08 PM »
You have email David.  :)