Author Topic: Testing Easy Seller Pro  (Read 7899 times)

Offline iddigger

• Advanced User
  • Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • Get A Free Income Site Setup
Testing Easy Seller Pro
« on: February 14, 2010, 11:33:29 AM »
Hello,

I finally made the time to install easy seller pro and now testing it, the install was successful butÖ
as I test it Iím finding problems, like when I write product description I get these <p>description</p> on home page.

Also I want to create a new folder in /files/newfolder but canít do it like the ebook shows. One more thing, after customers order I want to send them to my existing download page but instructions are not very clear how to do this. Do I put the download page link in the download page text ? Or do they get download link in there email ?  How do I test a download ?

Thanks
Best Regards,
Joe
Projects I Work On

kiosk2

Re: Testing Easy Seller Pro
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 02:22:44 PM »
It looks like you are pasting HTML code in to the WYSIWYG editor.

If you have created the sales page externally then click the Source button and paste your code there.

Links are emailed and the customer is also taken straight to the download page.

I find the best way to test is create a product for 2 cents and purchase using a different PayPal account if you have one.

Offline iddigger

• Advanced User
  • Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 09:31:07 PM »
Hi David,

I did not paste html, I did paste my description without html from note pad though.

My sales page is already created so I just linked it to there and wrote a short description for sales page.

What about creating a new folded in /files ? The ebook shows I can but in control panel there is no way. I need to make a more secure download folder, anyone using this script know they can go to that folder and see all the downloads.
Best Regards,
Joe
Projects I Work On

kiosk2

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 03:24:09 AM »
That's strange Joe. I've done the same and not encountered that problem but will investigate for you. I will also check regarding the folders and let you know.

Offline iddigger

• Advanced User
  • Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 10:06:32 AM »
Hi,

I will be uninstalling easysellerpro, don't need it and never did. I have a review on it at warrior forum.
Best Regards,
Joe
Projects I Work On

kiosk2

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 11:06:33 AM »
Thanks for that Joe. Not sure it was necessary but Hey Ho! ;)

Offline Johnny Slater

• SMP/SGP Designer
  • Pro User
    • View Profile
    • Viral Membership Script
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 01:01:50 PM »
Not too sure you should thank him David. I read the review and it was all very negative. Not trying to start any problems.. just saying.

kiosk2

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 01:04:52 PM »
He He! It was supposed to be a sarcastic reply ;)

I read the review also and whilst not happy about it respect Joe's opinion and freedom of speach. Don't quite understand why he felt he needed to write a review like that on the WF but as I said, Hey Ho!!

Offline iddigger

• Advanced User
  • Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 10:44:02 PM »
Hi David & Johnny,

Johnny was right David, you should not thank me but... I did question you about the script before I bought it and you confirmed everything was working. I question you before buying it because I had concerns about things that didnít work right with SMP and I still donĎt know if they do yet.

Thereís a # of reason why I bought ESP and one of them was about the bonuses I was interested in but when I tested some of those scripts and software everyone of them didnít work, so I say itís just cr... and so I ask myself why in the he.. is anyone giving away stuff that doesnít work. Did anyone check this stuff to see if it was any good ?

Myself I always test something before selling or giving it away and if Iím unsure about I will say so, I will not pass on something that doesnít work. I donít know who is responsible for ESP but I would recommend getting rid of the shÖ bonuses that donít work and the reason why is itís not worth the wasted time for anyone trying to make it work.

You may guess Iím not very  ;D about this and your right, sorry about that but Iím a person who buys something and I expect things to work, if ESP worked fine for me and there were no bonuses everything would be just fine. I think my hosting is standard, midphase and hostgator ? All my other many scripts I installed work just fine on both servers except for you know what.

I when back to WF and was going to delete my post but canít do it so I did an edit on it, yes I was negative on it and I think anyone who buys something that didnít work right would be but thatís just my thoughts. Ok Iím now calmed down now and by reading things on your forum I know you guys have a lot to deal with and Iíll try to be more patient with things in the future.

Thanks for putting up with me  :)
Best Regards,
Joe
Projects I Work On

kiosk2

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 04:02:55 AM »
It's no problem Joe. It was just surprising that you felt you needed to take such steps considering the support I offer here.

There is nothing that can't be fixed and if you remember some of the problems you experienced with SMP were down to user error rather than the script and I am struggling to duplicate the Copy & Paste problem on any of my test installs.

The download folder I agree should be able to be renamed and this is being looked at right now.

As for the bonuses, I'll hold my hand up. When I purchased the site from Kim, other than changing the name and slaes processor on the sales page I just kept the offer as it had been and had not checked the quality of the free bonus products. Whilst I'm surprised to hear that none of them work I will check and replace and that are so (perhaps some details of the products that don't work would be handy). Obviously these are only resale rights products offered to get you started selling online but they should still be saleable so for that I apologise.

Bear with me Joe, I'm desparatly trying to get the Practical User Guide for SMP finished and then EasySellerPro will get my full attention. I feel it has potential to be a great tool and of course you will get free upgrades, even when I put the price up for the updated version.

Communication solves a lot of problems and I feel that I have always offered you my full attention here, even if the fixes haven't been as speedy as you would have liked. If I had been ignoring you Joe then I would have fully understood your frustration.

Hopefully I can get your issues resolved shortly and you will be a happy bunny again :)

David

Offline iddigger

• Advanced User
  • Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 10:54:21 PM »
Thanks David

Replied to your post at WF.

Have a great day  :)
Best Regards,
Joe
Projects I Work On

kiosk2

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 04:20:39 PM »
Thanks Joe.

I hope to spend some time on ESP over the weekend. The hours seem to been vanishing in the day and when I find time I struggle keeping awake - not good :(

I'll post after the weekend, hopefully with something positive.

David

Offline Johnny Slater

• SMP/SGP Designer
  • Pro User
    • View Profile
    • Viral Membership Script
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 05:29:49 PM »
Joe... just so you know midphase and hostgator are well known to be royal pains as they have non standard server settings and there are quite a few scripts that have had nightmare support issues just trying to make things work using those two services.

Also, you may wish to at the very least give a product seller the chance to make things right when you have issues. Both SMP and ESP have been around a few years and both are products that David purchased from the original seller or creator, not something he himself had created. David purchased ESP from Kim and SMP from me and hasn't had time to dig through every line of code on the scripts to verify there are no bugs anywhere.

On top of that, David isn't actually a programmer and when issues are found he usually will have to find someone to code the fixes for him and finding a programmer on short notice is not an easy task. I spent years writing code on SMP, including coding the changes that David has added since he purchased the script from me. I continue to do bug fixes for him, provided I have time available to work on it. Please keep things like this in mind when you purchase any web script from anyone. Not everyone who sells scripts will be a programmer and not everyone can diagnose and fix bugs within a few hours.

One last thing to think about is that no one can guarentee that any script will work on every web server in the world with no problems. It is impossible to know the server settings of every web host out there and no matter what the programmer does there will always be issues with one host or another. Just because something doesn't work on your web host doesn't mean it's a crap product. It just means that your host requires custom changes to the script to make it work for your specific needs.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 05:37:14 PM by Johnny Slater »