Author Topic: Market Place Design  (Read 4521 times)

Offline jamesreilly

• Advanced User
    • View Profile
    • The Newbies Collection
Market Place Design
« on: October 05, 2009, 08:11:54 PM »
Hi all

right ive just installed the latest script, ive just added a product and had a look at the Market Place feature.

http://www.onlytenbucks.com/marketplace.php

how do i change it so that it fits itself? Nothing is aligned up so looks awfull.

James

kiosk2

Re: Market Place Design
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 12:42:26 AM »
Hi James

This is being addressed right now and also the product title and box image will be become clickable to the main sales page.

This is going in to the new version 3.0 along with multiple OTOs but if you would like a copy to beta test then let me know.

David

Offline jamesreilly

• Advanced User
    • View Profile
    • The Newbies Collection
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 11:14:59 AM »
Hi David

The beta would be good, the site had a fresh install last nite so wont take too much to do a reinstall.

James

kiosk2

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 01:11:33 PM »
Ok, it should be ready in a few days, I'll PM you when it is ready.

Offline Johnny Slater

• SMP/SGP Designer
  • Pro User
    • View Profile
    • Viral Membership Script
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 02:17:16 PM »
This is actually just a simple html design issue. If you change the width of the table that displays the products to a set pixel number instead of a percentage like it is now then it works fine.

I'm changing the default setting so that it uses set width instead of a percentage and it will be on the upgrade I'm sending to David.

Offline jamesreilly

• Advanced User
    • View Profile
    • The Newbies Collection
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 04:40:06 AM »
Hi Johnny

thanks for the info, my only problem with set width is people use different monitor sizes, sometimes a site looks good on one setup, but not on
another, by using a percentage then the screen to my belief fits better. Then there is those that use ie over firefox as well.

James

Offline Johnny Slater

• SMP/SGP Designer
  • Pro User
    • View Profile
    • Viral Membership Script
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 10:43:59 AM »
Other than than using a set width the only other thing to do would be to enforce a specific width for the product images that go with the description.

David had mentioned an iframe but that ends up being more trouble than it's worth for everyone. If you need to change the template layout then you are adding even more html templates that would need changing and making the html code even more complicated to understand.