Author Topic: SimpleMemberPro 4.0 coming very soon!  (Read 7394 times)

admin

SimpleMemberPro 4.0 coming very soon!
« on: January 04, 2014, 07:50:16 AM »
I will shortly be releasing version 4.0 of SMP. The new version will run on PHP 5.3 servers onwards and 3.41 will be the last supported version for PHP 4.

Running on PHP 5.3 means that new features can be added and as well as some fixes, the new version will include some new features.

So far, it will include:

1) Added new function where admin can see which members have access to which products and vice versa.

2) PayPal IPN return now works properly in PHP 5 servers.

3) Protected link file names can now contain spaces, apostrophes etc.

4) Fixed some CSS issues with text being aligned too far left on content pages.

5) Added link to manually allocate OTO products to existing members.

6) Fixed bug with multiple OTO products not always displaying in downloads menu once purchased or allocated manually.

7) Paid Product list in member area now lists alphanumerically.

8 ) Various sections in Admin (Product lists, Member lists, Custom Page lists etc) now have the ability to sort by name or id number and also now have a search button.

9) Added ability to create and edit home and public pages menu in Admin.

10) Products in Paid Site set up with a zero price will bypass PayPal and take the user straight to the member area. (Working on this now).

I also plan to reduce the cost to $67 for a single site licence and $127 for multi site licence.

I would be very interested to hear what features/functions people would like to see in future updates.

David
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 07:00:05 AM by David Allen »

admin

Re: SimpleMemberPro 4.0 coming very soon!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 12:52:27 PM »
Ok, all fixes above are now complete and tested. Going to spend a few days updating the user guide and release v4 to the world!

admin

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 05:36:16 AM »
Slight delay in this release. Testing some more new features and also looking at creating templates for SMP via Artisteer. Working on an Artisteer export plugin right now!

Offline sawhite

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 05:48:08 PM »
Hello David...

Any idea of a time frame, when we can expect the new V4 release? I had been holding off on setting up a new site, waiting for this version to be released.

I have a concern with the current version:
2) PayPal IPN return now works properly in PHP 5 servers.
Concerned that paid members with not get access to their products right away. Nothing worse then an unhappy customer. Not to mention support requests.

Not so sure I want to use the current version just for this reason, as most hosts all now use 5.2.17 as standard.

I also wish to use more then the one OTO:
6) Fixed bug with multiple OTO products not always displaying in downloads menu once purchased or allocated manually.

Could use JV Manager I suppose, but your script is such an all in one. It can do what I need it to do, so much more easily. It ROCKS!...  :D Just has a couple of bugs.

Maybe you have some code I can paste in some place that will solve the PayPal IPN return problem, as my server does run 5.2.17. Maybe the OTO bug as well. :)

Kindest Regards...

Shirley

admin

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 04:41:34 AM »
Hi Shirley

It will be real soon but I am happy let you have a copy of the v4 beta as soon as one minor bug is fixed, hopefully in the next day or so.

Will be in touch shortly.

Offline sawhite

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 09:23:18 PM »
Awesome David,

Thank you so much! Looking forward to it.  ;D

Kindest Regards...

Shirley

admin

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 08:39:26 AM »
Hi Shirley - I have fix the bug that had cropped up and am happy for you and any current users to beta test version 4.

I will grant beta access this evening so anyone wishing to try please PM me with your SMP user name.

David

admin

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 03:10:13 AM »
4.0beta version is now available in the member area at www.simplememberpro.com

I am 99% certain this is the version I will release as 4.0 but just need to do a few final tests, finish the user guide and tweak the sales page :)

Please post any feedback, bugs etc for 4.0beta on this forum.

Cheers, David

Offline sawhite

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 05:45:31 PM »
Awesome, David!...

I had been waiting for the script, but got involved in something else while waiting.

I am about to download it from the members area and use it as a live site. It will take me a bit of time to set it up, but will let you know how I make out. I will post the URL to my site(s) as I make them live.

Simple Member Pro is just about the only script out there that permits you to do so much. So many setup options to choose from. I had previously used it to power a complete sales site. Installing it in a new folder for each sale. Now it has the option of the Marketplace, which enables a person to set up a new product and promote that sales page.

It has been a while since I have installed and used it for such projects, but I am going to give it a go again. You have made so many improvements to it. I is a Happy Camper!... :)

Kindest Regards...

Shirley

Offline sawhite

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 09:25:30 PM »
Problem David...

I am running PHP version 5.4.26. I got stopped during the install. I am currently here: /install/install2.php. I had just put in my admin details and am getting this:

Code: [Select]
Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Access denied for user 'earnonli_lEarN'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/earnonli/public_html/install/database.class.php on line 37

Warning: mysql_selectdb(): Access denied for user 'nobody'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/earnonli/public_html/install/database.class.php on line 39

Warning: mysql_selectdb(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/earnonli/public_html/install/database.class.php on line 39

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'nobody'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/earnonli/public_html/install/database.class.php on line 147

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/earnonli/public_html/install/database.class.php on line 147
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `smp_mainsite_settings` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1' , `sitename` varchar(255), `description` varchar(255), `keywords` varchar(255), `disclaimer` LONGTEXT, `privacy` LONGTEXT, `terms` LONGTEXT, `contact` LONGTEXT, `email_from_name` varchar(255) , `mailer_details` text , `aff_points` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1', `jv_points` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '5', `allow_gifts` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '3', `showgiftlink` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1', `bgcolor` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `bgimage` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `header` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `footer` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `membership_type` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1', `showsqueeze` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `jvsponder` varchar(20) NOT NULL, `freesponder` varchar(20) NOT NULL, `gsponder` varchar(20) NOT NULL, `showgiftddlink` int(11) NOT NULL, `giftpp` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `gstart_date` date NOT NULL, `gend_date` date NOT NULL, `meta` longtext NOT NULL, `useeditor` VARCHAR(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1', `affiliatesponder` varchar(20) NOT NULL, `allow_bonuses` VARCHAR(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', PRIMARY KEY (`id`) ) 1045 Access denied for user 'nobody'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I did check common/config.php and the script did write to this file and the information is correct.

Line 37 is:
$dbh = mysql_pconnect ($DB_HOST, $DB_USER, $DB_PASS);
Line 39 is:
mysql_selectdb($DB_NAME);
Line 147 is:
if (! (mysql_query ("$mysql")))//$mysql is for the query

Suggestions?

Kindest Regards...

Shirley

admin

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 01:07:40 AM »
Hi Shirley

Is it a clean database you are using or is this with an upgrade?

I will check my versions on 5.4 and 5.5

admin

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 01:09:48 AM »
Also, I'm assuming you entered the correct database details and have associated the db user with the db?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 01:12:01 AM by David Allen »

Offline sawhite

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 02:05:48 AM »
Hi David...

This is a new install with a DB I just set up earlier this evening. I added the user to the DB and granted all permissions. I did notice during the install process that the script did not ask for a host as it usually does, but all of the information in common/config.php is correct and has $host = "localhost"; in the file.

I double checked config.php and all of the DB information in the file is correct. I even checked MySQL to confirm that the DB name and username matched correctly.

I could try doing another fresh install. Delete what is there and start all over again.

I even uploaded all of the files in binary format as per your instructions. I usually just upload in auto.

I have installed quite a few scripts over the last twenty years or more. :)

Kindest Regards...

Shirley

admin

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 02:16:47 AM »
Hi Shirley - I know you would have done all of that correctly:)

I will investigate the lack of host thing as that's important - it's strange how has it added "localhost" to the config file.

I have just tried running 2 sites on 5.4 and 5.5 without problem so will try an install later. If your fresh attempt is the same, perhaps you could send me a ticket or PM with your server details so that I can take a look.

Appreciate the feedback.

David

admin

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 04:20:10 AM »
Hi Shirley

I have tested an install on 5.4 without problems. The host field is there although it is pre-populated with localhost.

May I ask what browser you used for the install?