Author Topic: Help Me To Write A More User Friendly Manual  (Read 19570 times)

kiosk2

Re: Help Me To Write A More User Friendly Manual
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 02:32:42 PM »
After looking at the 3 videos I've done I thnk I will need to upgrade to a better screen capture software as everything looks a bit green - I also sound awful!

Maybe pdfs with screenshots for each scenario might be better for the time being. I know someone on this forum was going to produce some videos as well.

For the tokens usage see here: http://simplememberpro.com/forum/index.php?topic=8.0

kiosk2

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 09:24:18 AM »
Just an update here. I am finally working on a guide with the provisional title of "SMP Practical Usage Guide" (I'm sure there is a better title for it so suggestions welcome!).

This is for after your SMP site is installed and before you start setting it up. A practical guide to the many different ways it can be used.

I have the following topics so far to discuss as walk through guides and would appreciate anyone letting me know if there are other topics that should be included.

Free Membership Site Model
Paid Membership Site
Single Product Mini Site
Multi Product Marketplace Site
Giveaway Site
Using A Squeeze Page
One Time Offers
Protecting Your Downloads
Protecting Your Video Files
Timed Content
Creating Custom Pages
Add Your Own Header, Footer etc
Using Member Area Text Ads
Affiliates and JV Partners
Launch Flow Chart

I aim to make this as newbie friendly as possible while not leaving out the techie bits needed to make things work.

I've re-read the points above and there are some fantastic comments/suggestions.

Now, just need to find a guide to inserting Vikram Vaswani style boxes in Word... :)

Offline Valda

• Advanced User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 04:24:05 AM »
Just an update here. I am finally working on a guide with the provisional title of "SMP Practical Usage Guide" (I'm sure there is a better title for it so suggestions welcome!).

This is for after your SMP site is installed and before you start setting it up. A practical guide to the many different ways it can be used.

I have the following topics so far to discuss as walk through guides and would appreciate anyone letting me know if there are other topics that should be included.

Free Membership Site Model
Paid Membership Site
Single Product Mini Site
Multi Product Marketplace Site
Giveaway Site
Using A Squeeze Page
One Time Offers
Protecting Your Downloads
Protecting Your Video Files
Timed Content
Creating Custom Pages
Add Your Own Header, Footer etc
Using Member Area Text Ads
Affiliates and JV Partners
Launch Flow Chart

I aim to make this as newbie friendly as possible while not leaving out the techie bits needed to make things work.

I've re-read the points above and there are some fantastic comments/suggestions.

Now, just need to find a guide to inserting Vikram Vaswani style boxes in Word... :)

Hi David, I can't wait to read the new guide  "SMP Practical User Guide" or "SMP Made Easy"

There are some great topics that you are covering, most of which I'd like to know how to do.  I was wondering if you could add a snippet of how the whole process runs from when a visitor lands on your sales page, makes a purchase to when they get to the download area etc.  Also reading through the forum there seems to be a little confusion on what and when to use the homepage aka index and the squeeze page etc.

Oh and what is a Vikram Vaswani style box?  :)

Offline paintchip

• SMP Expert
  • Pro User
    • View Profile
    • Easy-SMP
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 04:58:32 AM »
These are among the same subjects I'm covering in the membership site I'm pre-launching this weekend. :D

Gotta redo my OTO tutorials now though.... since your new 3.0 version has options to the the multiple OTO's.
I had a work around to do this that is no longer needed.  I'll be testing the new 3.0 version this week. 

Wicked good stuff here!

kiosk2

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 05:41:54 AM »
Valda - thanks for the suggestions, "SMP Practical User Guide" is looking good :)

Vikram Vaswani puts little snippets in his guides like "Quick Tip - Did you know that..." or "Try this..."

Cindy - I was going to hold off the new version for the re-launch in a few weeks but felt it was unfair on existing users to have to wait - sorry if you have had to re-work some of your vids  :-[ - Really looking forward to seeing the tutorails :)

David

Offline paintchip

• SMP Expert
  • Pro User
    • View Profile
    • Easy-SMP
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 05:46:57 AM »
No apologies necessary sir.
Will keep you posted over the weekend!   ;D

Offline Valda

• Advanced User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2010, 03:18:25 AM »
Hi David,  not sure how far you have got and if it is too late to add a request.

Could you possibly do a small tutorial on how we use the [tokens] i.e how and when to insert them.

Many thanks
Valda

Offline Valda

• Advanced User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 03:59:34 PM »
Hi there again David, sorry I have just thought of another topic that would be quite helpful in the user manual.  Unless I've missed it in the old guide, can we have a section on how affiliates are paid out sort of how the whole affiliate system works etc.

Cheers.
Valda

kiosk2

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 06:08:56 AM »
Valda - those are both in the "Contents" section awaiting to be filled in.

Apologies that this is taking so long but there is so much to discuss. It's turning out to be like a "Dummies Guide" To SMP and I'm pleased with what is done so far.

Keep putting the suggestions up though and for anything urgent just post on the forum.

David