Author Topic: Coupon code - 100% discount  (Read 3590 times)

Offline Mac

• Advanced User
    • View Profile
Coupon code - 100% discount
« on: August 23, 2009, 07:12:39 AM »
Version 2.16
==============

There seems to be a process problem when using the coupon code.

I had tried to offer a coupon code that would give 100% discount.

Product = $7

coupon value = $7

===

However, when testing the sales process and entering details and coupon code,
I was taken to the Paypal payment area, but the value was $0 and an option to fill in amount.

I would be better if the 100% discounts went straight to login area or member's area.

---
I cancelled the screen and was able to login for free.

I think I would be confusing for most customers to see the Paypal screen when using 100% off coupon.

Could this be changed?

===

I have reverted the site to FREE membership.

The idea, instead of offering FREE membership was to offer discount to maintain a perceived value.
People feel they are getting a REAL offer if you are really charging for a product and they get a 100% coupon.

kiosk2

Re: Coupon code - 100% discount
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 11:32:01 AM »
Hi Mac

I think it's version 2.15 you are refering to as 2.16 is not quite launched yet.

Yes, I noticed this too when testing and I'm not 100% sure how easy it is to change.

I can't see it being too big a job to and will look at getting this coded in a very near future release.

I'm just finising the user guide for 2.16 and should have this ready tonight but I'm a few days behind schedule due to an infection that's causing severe dental pain  :'(

Lots of sips of water seem to be easing it whilst the antibiotics kick in but I'm sure I heard somehwere that a man died after drinking too much water when he had toothache  :o

I'll let you know about the coupon code.

David

kiosk2

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 12:57:51 PM »
I've asked Johnny to get this working and he has obliged. I'm running it through it's paces on my test install now and it will be out in 2.17 shortly.

David

Offline Mac

• Advanced User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 10:52:42 PM »
Cool man-

David you really are on the ball!

Take care!

Mac